About this Property
This gently sloping parcel of land is situated in a prime location as it sits just mere meters from the Eastern Main Road on a main vein into St. Joseph. It is located in a area with a mix of residential and commercial properties and within walking distance to the St. Joseph Police Station, primary and secondary schools, religious institutions, community centre, community park and medical center. This parcel of land has enormous potential due to its location.
About the Region
St. Joseph was founded in 1592 by Antonio de Berrio and is the oldest town in Trinidad and Tobago. Originally named San José de Oruña, it served as the capital of Spanish Trinidad between 1592 and 1783. In 1595 the place was attacked and held by Sir Walter Raleigh and was used as a base for his exploration of the Orinoco river in search of the fabled city of El Dorado. Soon after his return the place was burnt and sacked. St. Joseph is not an incorporated municipality. It falls within the boundaries of the Tunapuna–Piarco region. Today it is the home of several different schools, including St. Joseph's Convent, St. Joseph, St. Joseph Boys Roman Catholic School, St. Joseph Girls Roman Catholic School, St. Joseph Government School, St. Joseph College, T.M.L Primary School, St Joseph and St. Xavier's Preparatory School.