About this Property
SAVANNAH MEWS, BELMONT
- Conveniently located just 1 minus off of the Savannah- Behind Apsara Restaurant, NIB Building & Citibank
- Gated compound with only 8 units
- First Floor apartment in great condition
- 2 bedroom
- 2 bathroom
- Fully Furnished & Equipped (stainless steel appliances) (Can come FFE or just FF if desired)
- Open plan living space
- AC in bedrooms & living space
- Lovely patio overlooking front yard / communal garden area
- Compound camera system
- Parking for 1 with ample visitor/ second car parking
For more information or to view, please call or whatsapp Carol on 345-3530.
About the Region
Belmont, in north-east Port of Spain, in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, is located at the foot of the Laventille Hills; it was the city's first suburb. In the 1840s–'50s, parts of the area were settled by Africans rescued by the Royal Navy from illegal slaving ships. In the 1880s–'90s, the population swelled rapidly, and the characteristic Belmont street pattern of narrow, winding lanes developed. The black professional class built large homes in Belmont, as they were excluded from the more expensive neighbourhoods such as St. Clair and Maraval; Belmont became known as "the Black St. Clair". Many of these large homes have been renovated and converted to business use, but some remain in family hands. Belmont currently is a lower-middle to middle-class residential neighbourhood. It was the birthplace and early home of many important Carnival designers and bandleaders. Belmont has 9,035 inhabitants.