About this Property
Built in the 1980’s, two (2) story building,14,608 sq. ft. (ground floor 7,901 sq. ft., first floor 5,972 sq. ft.). Carport 735 sq. ft. with parking for five (5) vehicles.
The land size is 9,895 sq. ft. Leasehold 999 years from 20th July 1918, at yearly lease rent of 24 cents (898 years left on lease). 2,400 gallons water storage.
Valuation done by Lyndon Scott in 2019 at $9M.
Additional Features: Central Air-conditioning
About the Region
Acting as a main commuting hub for the central to southern area, Curepe facilitates many working class people you only mean of transportation is the Maxi and Taxi Services. A typical day is seen as a very hectic one when in Curepe. The Southern Main Road is the main access road for commuting and it is also filled with businesses of all types from food of all ethnicity, car care, retail trade and bars etc. One of the main attraction is the food franchise: Pizza Hut, Subway and KFC all located in the same compound at the end of the southern main road bounding with the Churchill Roosevelt Highway. Curepe is significantly known for “Sauce doubles” which attracts many party persons after they have had a night out and are looking for a food to “sober them up”. On the Curepe Main Road it offers ease of transport to the East –West corridor via the bus route or main road maxi taxi. Many taxi services are also available when commuting to environs such as St. Joseph, Maracas, St. Augustine. It provides ATM services and the well-known Papa John’s Pizza. Both a residential and commercial area.
St. Joseph was founded in 1592 by Antonio de Berrio and is the oldest town in Trinidad and Tobago. Originally named San José de Oruña, it served as the capital of Spanish Trinidad between 1592 and 1783. In 1595 the place was attacked and held by Sir Walter Raleigh and was used as a base for his exploration of the Orinoco river in search of the fabled city of El Dorado. Soon after his return the place was burnt and sacked. St. Joseph is not an incorporated municipality. It falls within the boundaries of the Tunapuna–Piarco region. Today it is the home of several different schools, including St. Joseph's Convent, St. Joseph, St. Joseph Boys Roman Catholic School, St. Joseph Girls Roman Catholic School, St. Joseph Government School, St. Joseph College, T.M.L Primary School, St Joseph and St. Xavier's Preparatory School.